Welcome to my personal blog!
H
ere I will share my crafty pursuits (usually x-posted from my other blog sweetfructose)
do some parenting/kid talk, fashion/hair wish-listing, and post general randomness, complaints,
about whatever else catches my whimsy.
Enjoy!

11.17.2009

precious memories





Once again, i've made some plushes for The Pop Shop Gallery. This time around, it's the True Value Vintage Show! In their words, "This show is dedicated to childhood memories, games, toys etc..." What could be better for a person like me??

I:
a) went through a several month phase of comparing life events to The Neverending Story & Ghostbusters (moreso 2 than the original--you'd be surprised how handy knowledge of viggo the carpathian can be in common conversation)
b) lost my drivers license for 3 weeks in my own home, just plain forgot where it was. BUT, I can tell you the cartoon tv schedule from when I was 6...cartoons that have consequently been reintroduced to the new generation, via revamped toys (have you seen what they've done to Strawberry Shortcake & Rainbow Brite dolls), cartoons, and live action movies complete with explosions!
c) would ace any test given on Golden Girls trivia. Seriously. You tell me you know more than me, and I will stomp you. Mentally stomp, i mean.
d) pre-jellybean, watched just about all 24 hours of A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. Note the pre-jellybean. You know what I'll be doing this Christmas Eve? Sleeping, preferrably to the dvd replaying its menu over and over.

The list goes on, and it's embarrassingly long. But I digress...

In honor of that hit game from 1990/1991, I made plush goodness:

fire pirahna plant!

fireballs!

close fireballs!!


THWOMP!!


In honor of this show and these pieces, I have dusted off the the ol' NES & will be taping my old issues of Nintendo Power back together. Viva la 8-bit!!

In the OH-ten? Visit


Lots of great local art at an affordable price :)

No comments:

Post a Comment