Welcome to my personal blog!
H
ere I will share my crafty pursuits (usually x-posted from my other blog sweetfructose)
do some parenting/kid talk, fashion/hair wish-listing, and post general randomness, complaints,
about whatever else catches my whimsy.
Enjoy!

11.18.2009

We Won!....ish.

So according to Business Week, Lakewood is the best place to raise lil jellybeans in Ohio. Yay! Maybe this will attract some businesses to the area to occupy vacant retail spaces. According to the Business Week;

"Lakewood, on the shores of Lake Erie about seven miles west of downtown Cleveland, is an affordable suburb with tree-lined streets and great schools."

Preach on, Business Week. This is a lovely little burb.

Ok. I have one gripe about the article, and not just the Ohio page.

It's the pictures you chose, Business Week... and I'm just guessing here, you tweaked them, didn't you?

ok. more downtown Cleveland than Lakewood but close enough...ish

It's not as obvious here...ok maybe it is, but why the weird superimposed people in the area shots? I mean, a lot of the places chosen are scenic enough to stand alone without hammering home that there are happy kids somewhere in the area. Also, can we try to make it look more realistic?

Case in point, Alabama:

First of all, What?? Second of all, No.

Umm. Ok. What happened to her hair?? And don't tell me you don't see it. Also, the kids sort of look plastered on like a bumper sticker. I would've appreciated just a simple scenic shot to show me the beauty of each individual area rather than this "Hey look! Kids!" approach.

Bad editing aside, if you are looking for a change of scenery & raising children (or soon will be), the Business Week article gives good, basic information on our nation's cities. Don't let the pictures taint the recommendations. provided. Just giggle at them. I did.


The best. Just a busy guy, working in his office. With his kid. In the middle of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment