Welcome to my personal blog!
H
ere I will share my crafty pursuits (usually x-posted from my other blog sweetfructose)
do some parenting/kid talk, fashion/hair wish-listing, and post general randomness, complaints,
about whatever else catches my whimsy.
Enjoy!

7.24.2009

crafties from the pasties- project redux 2

this one goes out to all the forgotten, but loved art school projects in the house...
my house to be exact.
art school kids & you, a blues haiku:
i had for you
art kids didn't understand
but, fuck 'em, i do.

now for our next project makeover, the apple playhouse:

closed


closed, close-up


open



The idea of the apple playhouse was for children to have a portable play thing, à la polly pocket, where, once opened, it would be a whole world/land for their imagination to explore. it would also teach them a bit about gardening and the importance of eating a healthy diet (it had a companion story book to go along with it). the outer and inner layers are made with felt, sewed together with yarn and stuffed. the brown circles you see represent dirt holes ready to grow delicious fruits & veggies, trees, or they can be filled with grass "mounds" to create a solid piece of land. it even came complete with a title character, corinna (get it? apple core...corinna?? i slay me.) and lil fruity friends, who understood that, although they were friends, they too would eventually be eaten because they're part of a healthy diet. i think that's the part that people couldn't get past. jeez, lighten up everyone. it's not a discovery channel special of a lion chasing down and ripping open a gazelle...it's a lil girl and an apple. grow a pair. ha! "grow a pair.", like fruit! i seriously slay me. ok, ok, enough of that. here's a pic of it open and full of growth:

lush and happy

At it's core (literally) was a treehouse...hmm...corehouse? with a yarn hanging ladder. admittedly, the corehouse wasn't as souped up as i wouldve liked, but it's a prototype.

here are some pics of our lovable corrina (sorry for any fuzziness, i'm no lachapelle)

up close & personal, standing in the dirt

standing next to: young tree, newly planted veggies, and fruit carousel


Ask me when I'll have time to re-do my beloved project? Yeah, I have no clue. But it will be soon. I'm just about done my stuff for Plush You, so i'll be able to focus more on other projects rather than constantly worrying about "does this suck?" for the Plush You entries. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment